- Register for an account.
- Log into your account, record your reading, and explore other ways to earn points.
- Make sure to contact the Youth Services Department to arrange the pick-up of your free book if registering for the Early Literacy, Children's, or Teen programs.
- Play educational games, complete fun activities, and earn badges! New content will be released each week.
- Have fun reading with us this summer!
Fun for the whole family:
- Sign up the whole family for the summer reading program. No child is too young for the program and no adult is too old!
- Set your own goals for the summer. Not sure where to start? Twenty minutes is a good standard for all ages. For very young children and struggling readers, that can be spread out throughout the day.
- Use the online games and track your reading to unlock cool new game levels, activities, and more!
- Make reading fun all summer long!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can participate?
Babies, toddlers, preschoolers, children, teens, adults - everyone! Children too young to read by themselves are welcome to participate by having a parent or caregiver sign them up and read to them.
Can I count books that I read on my computer or e-reader?
Of course! It's all the same to us.
Can I count the time that I spent reading to my kids?
For sure! We love when you read to your kids!
Can I count audiobooks?
Can I count the time that I spend reading a book even if I don't finish it?
Absolutely! Ten minutes is ten minutes.
Can I join the program after its official start date?
Definitely! And if you can remember any reading that you've done after the official start date, you're welcome to go back and count that.
Can I count reading that I've done before the official start date?
Actually, we do ask that you count only the reading you've done within the official dates of the program. But that still gives you plenty of time to join in the fun!